Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Does Gd Love Women as Much as Men or Is He a Bigoted Bastard?

Firstly, I want for women to know Gd loves all of His people!
Hi!  I am a gentile.  Years ago I got really angry at a Rabbi for letting me know that I am Bnei Noach.  It probably was rude, but forgivable.  However, another Jew told me that he could guarantee the Jewish Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel would never ever act that way, and that helped me feel better.
I once thought similarly like so many women that Jews had placed me in what was essentially in a lower caste.  I thought Jews idealized ideas such as never letting gentile slaves free, feeding people like me things that they found already dead, etc.  However, I didn’t give up my pursuit of Hashem with the Torah as my guide.  From what I found, I can tell women that given enough patience and in depth study, Torah guarantees us the “Thank Gd I am not a woman prayer,” or in my case the “Thank Gd I am not like the other man,” prayer won’t be bothersome.
What I don’t know is how each woman can find peace.  I am not a woman, and even greater; women are not alike.  I don’t claim to know how all men may find peace in Torah either!  Gd created us as individuals, each with something different to offer.  I don’t know how each person may find his or her inner peace from Torah study, but I can say with confidence that Gd loves it when people try to get to know Him better, and that inner peace is findable through unlocking the secrets of Torah.
In study, I too have reached incorrect conclusions.  There is that prayer, “Thank you for not making me like the other man.”  Can anyone empathize with my situation easier now?  Once, I too was angry.  I had misconceptions about how Jews were supposed to act toward gentiles.  Through study I learned that I was wrong about Torah and that G-d never calls for bigotry.  Instead, Jews are called to follow Abraham’s examples of lovingkindness and hospitality, and Moses’ example of compassion for animals.

I, myself, have found happiness as a gentile.  IMHO, Noah is the epitome of the spine of Torah.  The entire world laughed at him, and he had the spine not to assimilate!  God cleansed the world for the sake of one righteous man, Noah.  I won’t look down on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment